Welcome to Norfolk Golf & Country Club
The Norfolk Golf & Country Club is a semi-private 9-hole golf course that was built in 1895 with a design influenced by the renowned Stanley Thompson. A true hidden gem in the heart of Norfolk County, this golf course is a must-play for visitors to the area and a favourite for locals and members. Join us today and see what all the fuss is about.
The Norfolk Golf & Country Club was formed in 1895. Chestnuts were a source of income in 1915, adding $6 to the Club’s revenues
A small, frame clubhouse was built, just north of what is now the first green. Had lockers and a wash basin with a bucket underneath – if further water was required, members had to go down to stream below and bring up pails of water
In 1911 the club purchased 25 acres of land from Union Trust Co. at a cost of $2,500. Incorporated in 1912, and a new club house was built, costing $4,000 and opened June 1, 1914.
Corporate Name became the Norfolk Golf and Country Club. Women that were previously banned since late 1880s, women were part of the club when it became incorporated in 1912
Old pro shop in basement level of the 1914 clubhouse and golfers carried their clubs. There were separate entrances for the men and women in 1914
Club doubled size in 1922, purchasing another 25 acres from Deeth and Sons; smaller parcels of land obtained in subsequent years for total of the current 53 acres
In the 1930s major decision was made to change the original layout of the NGCC for 3 reasons:
- To eliminate four par 4 holes that were parallel to each other and overlapping fairways;
- To provide a permanent second par 5 hole;
- To establish a permanent layout to accommodate a future watering system.
Revised layout began in 1935 and was in play a year later.
Events & Promotions
THANK YOU TO OUR CORPORATE SPONSORS